Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kinda disappointed...

So I talked to the bishop tonight, and I was kinda disappointed....

1) Patriarchal Blessing: I have to wait til my six month point. I wanted to get it with Sariah but that doesn't seem to be happening. I really wanted to get it to have it answer some questions for me. I wanted to know about what I should do, and what decisions I should make. I am really disappointed about this one.

2) Nursery: Now I was kinda confused about this one. The bishop talked to me about being spiritually mature and ready for a blessing but I don't know if he was right. He kinda contradicted himself, he told me how I was not ready for a blessing because I was not spiritually ready. Yet I am ready enough to teach young formidable minds. I don't think that I am.

3) Temple: He said that it is not written in stone but that it is recommended that women wait until they are 25 in order to go to the temple, unless I am going to be getting married. I want to do my ordinances. I just know that I have an extremely strong testimony and I know that I want to be apart of everything. I just don't know how long it will take.

4) Mission: I was told everything that I already knew and I knew what all was going on. But he did say that if I wanted to fast track my way into the temple I could definitely do that by going on a mission. That is one of the questions that I wanted answered. I don't want to set into a mission and figure out that a mission isn't what I am supposed to do. I know that  blessing won't tell me my future but it will lead me down the righteous path as long as I am faithful and obedient. 

So I really didn't get any of the answers I was looking for. Oh well... Three more months, I am down. I am going to do my best and be as faithful as possible and I will be true!

Til then!

S

1 comment:

  1. YAY for a blog!!!

    On the other points, I keep having to remind myself that you are still a "brand new" member of the church. It feels like you have been a member for a long time, but there is so much left for you (and all of us) to learn. It will all come in time. I know that is hard to hear, but honestly... I think things are going to work out.

    Steph, YOU ROCK! I am so glad we are friends. You seriously make my day, and I hope I can do a little for you in return. Lots of ((hugs)) heading your way. Love ya, Sariah

    ReplyDelete