Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Holiday...

So I have been going through alot of crap recently, life just seems like it's not going to get easier. Tolerance and appreciation is running thin. I am having trouble seeing through the fog a little and I have to make some decisions soon that are going to affect my whole life. These are decisions that are way bigger than I am. Life is just not going as smooth as I would hope. I do have a few things that are going well though, like MB and I haven't really fought in awhile. That is a BIG plus for us, and work is kinda straightening itself out. Faye put in her two weeks then pulled it like 2 days later so I know that means Marci isn't going to be getting rid of me any time soon just cause she knows that Faye might just do it again.

I heard this song this morning and I knew that the words were ringing true for me, and I know that this is going to be my theme song for the next few months cause I don't see them getting any easier. I just have my priorities set at, question, answer, conversation, decision, and follow through. Wouldn't it be so much easier if we could just use a flow chart of life to make all of our decisions. Where we had the time to write pros and cons and do comparisons and figure out and micro manage our own lives. Wouldn't it be easier if we knew the future.... if only...

Let's go away for a while.
You and I to a strange and distant land.
Where they speak no word of truth.
But we don't understand, anyway.

Holiday
Far away.
To stay
On a Holiday
Far away.
Don't bother to pack your bags
Or your map.
We won't need them where we're goin'.
We're goin' where the wind is blowin'
Not knowin' where we're gonna stay.
We will write a postcard to our
Friends and family in free verse
We will write a postcard to our
Friends and family in free verse. (On the road with Kerouac)
We will write a postcard to our (Sheltered in his Bivouac)
Friends and family in free verse. (On this road we'll never die.)
Let's go away for a while.
You and I to a strange and distant land.
Where they speak no word of truth.
But we don't understand, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Just pray pray pray. I love this song too. Every time I hear these lyrics and notice that I wish I could live life like that - I do it. I just leave and go on holiday. It might be a real one like to a different city that I love a state away or just a day away from everyone with just me or just me and my special someone and we just chill and enjoy life for a day even if the next day will suck cause I took the day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on, boo. Sometimes life does get crazy. When it feels like it's all coming down on me, I try to think about what is going well. I know you know how blessed you are; It sounds cliche but try to think about all the good things when it starts to get you down. Or text me (: Lots of love in your direction.

    ReplyDelete