Monday, October 26, 2009

Perfecto Mundo...

So tonight was a perfect night, cold, damp, dank, dreary, clammy... all of those make the perfect night. I know that you may be asking yourself what I could possibly be thinking, but it's 2 in the morning and I have trouble making cognitive thought after a good nights rest much less when I am a little sleep deprived. But I consider it a perfect night cause after I left Robert's the air was so thick and low that the lights almost reflected off of everything making it wonderful and bright. It was an extremely bright night. I loved it.

I rediscovered my Alicia Keys cd. It really is amazing how much emotion goes into a simple thing such as music. I can say that when I put it in and i heard the first few chords of the first song, the prelude to the entire disc, I really was taken back to a time probably 5 years ago. I could feel the comfort of that main street house and everything that was going on in the world. This was before I felt broken, this was before i joined the church, this was before I was tainted with the truth of the world...

I am a firm believe in the ignorance behind the statement, ignorance is bliss. Ignorance is not always bliss. Being shielded and jaded to the real world, makes you naive to every thing around you. It really does stunt your emotional and psychological growth. I am not gonna get into details but I grew up more in 5 years than in the 17 before it. The joy I feel now is true joy, I have gotten past that part of my life and I am moving on to bigger and better things. Life really is going pretty ok right now, I am with my family who is amazing in every aspect of the word. I know that they still have some time here, but I know that when they go I am going to be so sad. I remember the first time MB left, I seriously felt like my world was crushed. I can never say it enough and i know that I should say it more but she means the world to me and I am grateful every day that I am with her. I have a boyfriend that is wonderful to me, he lights up my life! I have a job that I don't like but it gets the bills paid and makes the time drift faster. I have a church and a church family that I would trade for the world.

I really should write Truman and Wallace, I feel TERRIBLE everyday cause I remember at the most inopportune times that I really need to write them. I can't ever tell them how much they mean to me either. I know that a call would probably make their day... It's ok, I hope that God blesses them with a little more sugar everytime I pray cause I know that I thank God for the missionaries every time I pray.

This night was dreadfully perfect.

Ciao,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. I love this post;) Its a good'n;)
    I am glad to see you happy and I am more glad to see that your true joy comes from the gospel. We all make mistakes but when all is said and done the Gospel is what stands to bring true happiness to all of us;) Luv U Steph;) (((HUGS)))
    oh and I loved how the sky was lit up too;)it was great;)

    ReplyDelete